We are looking for Senior Linux Systems Administrator for one of our client based at Noida. If you would be interested for change kindly email us your updated profile with Ms.word attachment in REPLY mode asap with your Current CTC/ Expected CTC / Notice Period
Excellent Paymaster *****
About Client : With headquarters in New York City and a large satellite office in Noida, India, it develops and cultivates innovative web services that enable people to collaborate and exchange ideas and information on a global scale. Their services cover the entire spectrum of the web application experience - from low layer services such as hosting and domain registration, to a revolutionary web application platform and a global services marketplace. Their diverse services share a common goal - helping people succeed on the web by making powerful application technologies more accessible. They are changing the way people get â€" and grow - online. They are making sophisticated, open-source web applications accessible to everyone through 1-click installation, free hosting, and a seamless mix of packaged solutions. Their products radically reduce the time, expertise and cost required to build a professional web presence while also creating new revenue opportunities for service providers and open source projects. It is fast becoming the most trusted onramp to the Internet. Perks include flexible work schedules, free lunches, birthday parties, monthly team outings, and an annual overnight trip that includes hiking, rafting, and swimming.
Our Client is the maker of the most popular file-sharing software in the world & prides itself on its great products, one of the most engaged user bases in the world, and an incredible team of talent. Since launching the application in 2000, we have continuously sought ways to empower our users.
Our portfolio includes:
Open source code sharing community.
Global services marketplace.
Application hosting and domain registration
Software, software development, code sharing, open source, marketplace, domain names, and applications
HQ Region: Greater New York City Area
Company Size 100 employees
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, eager learner and leader. In this position, you will work closely with and manage developers and QA engineers to produce and fine tune high-traffic, customer-facing applications. This is a senior-level development position, reporting to a Program Manager in India and the VP of Engineering in NYC. Off shore work experience a plus, as well as experience in the Agile methodology.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Timing : 24 x 5 Environment
Our Client based at (Noida) seeks an exceptional SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR to perform off-shore work for Lime Wire LLC. The ideal candidate will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. In this position, you will provide server, infrastructure, and application support. The candidate must also be a strong multi-tasker with exceptional time-management skills. This role reports to a Tech Lead and Program Manager in India and the Director of IT in NYC.
Location: Noida, India
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
- Routine systems administration functions to maintain both internal and customer-facing servers
- Develop and implement standards and processes for change and configuration management
- Assist in standardization and administration of server farms at hosting facilities
- Configure and manage performance-monitoring tools and notification/alerting services
- Design, configure, and tune high availability Linux systems
- Undertake various housekeeping and reporting functions for the areas of responsibility, including maintenance of shared resources
- Compose, edit, and maintain internal documentation for IT team
- Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper back-up and recovery procedures
- Participate in product deployments, upgrades, and maintenance
- Maintain the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems using automated systems
- Support third party applications products used in support of corporate mission critical systems
- Flexibility to be on-call and occasionally work after hours or over a weekend
- Specification of new equipment by request and capacity forecasting and enhancement of existing equipment
- 5+ years Linux system administration experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience with change/configuration management
- Strong scripting/programming skills with experience in Perl, Python, Bash or other scripting languages
- RHEL/CENTOS, Solaris a plus
- PostgreSQL, mysql, Oracle
- Strong Linux security skills
- Virtualization experience - VMware, Xen, KVM
- Exceptional Networking skills
- Performance Monitoring/Hardware Sizing
- Storage Experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Experience working in a Scrum environment a plus
- Experience working on an offshore team a plus