Software Sales Specialist
Are you a seasoned software professional with a passion for sales! If so, read on...
Join a world-class sales team focused on selling award-winning software products and solutions to a rapidly growing customer base. The software sales specialist will be directly responsible for driving and totally accountable for software practice offerings for a region in India.
1. Directly responsible and accountable for infrastructure software billing revenue
2. Work with Account Managers, Partner and alliances staff, Marketing staff, MD, Solution Engagement Managers and Partner Technology Managers to develop, nurture and create opportunities for Software Practice business in India.
3. Do presentations speaking on Sun's software strategy on desktop, middleware and data center offerings, especially Enterprise Web Services and Identity Management products and solutions
4. Drive awareness of Sun's software both internally and externally in India
5. Understand software market opportunities in India, and help identify sales opportunities through direct and channel demand creation.
6. Participate and direct key account planning both internally and externally with partners, Sis
7. Work with marketing, partner alliances sales organization, and the rest of the organization to generate demand for software
1. Strong software selling expertise, who has been directly responsible and accountable for software billing revenue
2. Teamwork, leadership, and strong working relationships with colleagues and customers at all levels.
3. Strong written and presentation skills
4. Understand solution selling and able to lead and influence the sales process.
5. Results oriented.
Incorporated in 1982, Sun has had a history marked by great ideas,break-through thinking, and market shattering achievements. Sun has been widely acknowledged as the thought leader of the computing industry.
Today, Sun Microsystems is a USD 12.5 billion Fortune 500 company employing 34,000 people across the world. We are the global market leaders in UNIX ? systems revenue and unit market share (IDC).
What makes us unique is our belief that eventually every man, woman, and child on the planet will be connected to the Network. So will virtually everything with a digital or electrical heartbeat -- from mobile phones to automobiles, thermostats to razor blades.
Sun Microsystems has had a significant presence in India since 1987 through a distributor arrangement,but established a direct presence for the first time in 1995 as a liaison office.
This office was finally converted into a wholly owned subsidiary on July 1, 1998. Year after year we have been consistently rated number one in India in UNIX ? systems revenue and unit market share (IDC). Sun India has been growing at twice the industry average for the last 5 years.
Sun has adopted a business model of working in partnership with key Indian partners to deliver all products and services such as hardware platforms, services, certification training etc. The company works with leading partners such as Wipro, Tata Infotech, CMC, Tech Pacific, Accel ICIM, HCL Infosystems, CDAC to deliver hardware products and services.
Sun has a very strong relationship model with worldwide organizations like Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft
, EDS and others to deliver the best of breed solutions and services to its customers.
Experience: 0 - 2 years
Job Category: Software, Hardware, EDP
Job Location: Delhi
Key Skills: "software products","software sales"
Job Ref code: ID0203534
Click here to post your resume
Role: Software Engineer/ Programmer